Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whats cooking?!

As most of you will know I have been on the quest to learn how to cook for a long while now. I have tried but to no avail, generally just because lack of time persues and well when the weather has been nice my worst nightmare would be stuck in a hot kitchen baking and the like!

It's not even that I won't cook, I will its just life is so much more fun! Plus, when you sit down with that ordered in pizza or whatever else it tastes so delicious why would I want change? I wouldn't but I'm guessing my arteries aren't loving me for pumping them full of fat.

My mum has abandoned me and gone off to Oxford not before giving me a little present (to soften the blow of leaving me to fend for myself!) which I LOVEEE.
Its this little box of cookery books, not are they cute but practical. My favourite things always are!
So either this evening or tomorrow morning I am actually going to cook/bake things. I'm not just saying it either it WILL happen.

The fact that the last time I cooked I mutilated an onion and was told to leave the kitchen will not hold me back. I will be strong and when I watch Saturday Kitchen I will pick up tips and not just drool over the delicious food they seem to tempt me with.
These little books are sooo cute!
(The books include: Mango, Coconut, Green Tea, Cherry, Caramel, Salted Butter, Orange, Lemon, Pistachios, Hazelnut, Chestnut, White Chocolate, Rose, Lychee, Coffee, Vanilla, Apple, Pear, Cinammon, Peach, Apricot, Almond, Nougat, Strawberry, Yoghurt, Raspberries, Summer Fruits, Chocolate, Orange Flower Water & Violet)

I think I will start off with something rather simple like cupcakes or something similar! Saying this I never do things by half so maybe a full blown extravaganza. I'm only 21 so there is still plenty of time of time for me to find a hidden passion and/or talent! These beautiful books focus around dessers, biscuits, small&large cakes, pies, tarts, crumbles,tartlets, pastries, flans, clafoutis, choux pastry, meringues, chilled desserts, ice cream, drinks, sweets&treats and sauces!
Amazing little collection and I will start today!...or tomorrow! But definitely one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from you&I promise to try and reply to them all! Keep checking back to see my replies :) xx