Sunday, July 04, 2010

Burlesque is a Lost Art.

Burlesque has always been seen as a beautiful art and not just some beautifully-self-confident women stripping off.
Yes it does involve that element but it also focuses around the empowerment of the female form, no matter what size or shape you are. Which I personally love the ethos and the time burlesque came into play was when women, in my opinion, looked their most sexy and self assured in themselves.
Confident and classic. 
Who would of course include the legendary Bettie Page.

So with the new movie set to come out soon which is going to include Christina Aguilera (personal love), Cher and Kristen Bell. Overall, a cracking line up with some classic names apart from the shock of Kristen but I'm sure they wouldn't have gotten her in if she was completely rubbish.
As well as the aforementioned there is also some other well known actors who will be playing a role including Stanley Tucci (from The Devil wears Prada, the Lovely Bones and Julie & Julia), Alan Cumming and Cam Gigane. Pretty good it must be said and come on, who doesn't love a bit of a sing and dance! Heres some stills that I've come accross. They are from Empire online, click HERE to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from you&I promise to try and reply to them all! Keep checking back to see my replies :) xx