Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the Time Mr.Wolf?


Has anyone ever wondered to what extent mobile telephone technology has affected the watch industry? Let's be honest with ourselves, how many of us rely on our mobile's to tell the time? I would never purchase a new watch for timing when my phone has a perfectly good clock. As a sentimental fool, I've taken to wearing one of my mum's watches, really only as an accessory. Eventually, I'll purchase a similar functioning vintage men's watch, hopefully in a sea masters style, off of eBay or some other brilliant place.

Frankly, I'm not one for time. I'm 20, nearly 21. I'm either always early or always late. I wish for a perpetual summer; fuck the changing of the seasons. The only hour of the day that matters is 5:00pm Monday-Friday. I don't like to celebrate birthdays, opting instead to celebrate life.
Duedate? Do dontdate.
And lastly, forget diamonds, it's actually pizza that's forever.
Ofc, schedules are practical, but life is not. If there's one thing I've learned (and stuck by) it's that you'll get there when you get there (physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually) and, at present, time is all you've got. Tomorrow-tomato is a whole 'nother day, so think patient and wear your watch with a different state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from you&I promise to try and reply to them all! Keep checking back to see my replies :) xx