Friday, March 11, 2011

Blood Brothers.


Blood Brothers is one of my all time favourite musicals. It's up there with 'RENT', 'We Will Rock You' as well as many others. (RENT will always be my all time favourite and I throughly recommend it to everyone!)
Last night, I was lucky enough to see Blood Brothers yet again with my Mum and yet again it was amazing. I have seen this musical countless times and, luckily, I have seen one of the main characters called Mickey, played by the same actor who is amazing! Every time I have been it has been a different mother, Mrs Johnston, but last night was by far my favourite (Sorry the Nolan sisters!). Suprisingly she was actually a finalist in X Factor back in the day but didn't win it because she didn't have the commercial presence behind it. Personally I'm glad she didn't win as she was fab! I'm not entirely sure how many dates are left at Newcastle, or if any tickets are left, but I feel if there is everyone should go!
(photo source) 
One of the reasons I love this musical so much is part of the story is about the childhood side of their lives but instead of getting children in the adults act like children and Micky is the blatantly amazing at this. I have seen this particular Micky (below) in every production I have been to see and I can see why they keep him on, he has made the part his own. Obviously I won't give the entire plot away but its set within a working class town in which a Mother has been left by her husband while she has a bunch of kids and twins on the way; following this the rich women who Mrs Johnston works for cannot have babies and forces Mrs J into letting her adopt one of the twins. It is said that if a twin is to find out he was one of a pair that when they discover this they will die and well, whos to say! You better go watch it to find out! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from you&I promise to try and reply to them all! Keep checking back to see my replies :) xx